Our Commitment to the Environment is to restore, re-use, recycle, re-invent, and re-discover.
Here at Culvertons we’re firmly committed to protecting the environment, by providing recycled products and environmentally friendly services where possible, and here are a few of the practices we follow in order to fulfill those commitments.
- All the products sold at Culvertons are second-hand, so we are effectively one of the most environmentally friendly businesses around!
- We don’t send out paper invoices unless a client specifically requests it, we send out email invoices instead.
- We reuse and recycle packaging for constructing our parcels, old wine bottle boxes are really good for shipping china and glass, and they’re designed especially for the job!
- We reuse all paper that’s only been used on one side; we turn this into memo pads for the office.
- We send as much paper and other materials as possible to be recycled, once we can no longer use them – about 85% of our waste.
- Whenever possible we send unwanted items to local charity shops, even really tatty fabric, scrap metal, and electrical goods can be turned into much-needed income for some charities.
- We do not leave our equipment on standby; we switch everything off, saving energy.
Where items have been crafted in the past without reference to modern-day principles of sustainability, we aim to ensure that customers are aware of these facts before they purchase. Also, by demonstrating our green credentials on a daily basis we hope, by way of osmosis, others will follow our lead.